There is nothing more satisfying than a really tasty casserole. The cheesy, creamy, gooey goodness that can ease your mind and take you back to your childhood, when no one cared how much creamed based soup was involved, or how many calories that entire hunk of velveeta contained. My mother has been making casseroles as long as I can remember. She has the art of it down to a science. She doesn't make them healty, although she has always been on the thinner side, so she hasn't had the need to (lucky woman that she is!).
In my quest to eat more healthy, organic, and lower calorie foods, but not loose any of the homemade casserole comfort I have grown to love, I'm going to take on the seemingly impossible task of recreating my mother's wonderful casserole recipes. By replacing my mom's go to canned soup, fake cheese, and high calorie goodness with real dairy, fresh organic veggies, whole grain pastas and rice, and organic meats, I hope I can attain the same feeling from my updated recipes I get from my mom's.
I know this won't be easy, but it will be FUN!
The Casserole Princess
No comments:
Post a Comment